Grain Insurance

Production Protection

Farm Production Insurance

Sure, you’ve insured the big things. But what about the little ones? Grains, fodder, silage, fertilizers and fuel — we’ve got ‘em all covered.

Grain Bins

The benefits of insuring your Prairie Gold with us:

Protect your inputs

Protect your fuel and fertilizer against loss or damage to keep your most valuable resource – your time and energy – free from worry.

Protect your outputs

A lot can happen between harvest and market!

Coverage details and availability can vary by province. If available, select your region below to view coverage details.

Coverage Details

Blanket Limit Coverage for:

  • Grain
  • Wheat
  • Barley
  • Fodder
  • Produce
  • Silage
  • Fertilizer/Chemicals
  • Fuel

Optional Coverage

  • Customer Grain
  • Fuel and Fertilizer Tanks
  • Grain Bins

Additional Info

Sandbox offers specialized coverage for Farm Equipment Insurance and Farm Property Insurance. See all our Farm Insurance Products here.

close button

Farm Production Insurance FAQs

Is farm produce insurance the same as grain insurance in Saskatchewan?

Yes, produce & grain can be insured using the same property protection rider.

How big can the insurable fuel and fertilizer tanks be?

Fuel and fertilizer tanks are an optional coverage that can be added to your Production Protection package. While the size of the fuel and fertilizer tanks are important to note in your policy, we are more so interested in knowing if your tanks are properly supported, that the piping is made of metal, far enough away from an underground water source—the nitty-gritty details like that. 

Are silage and fodder covered with farm production insurance?

If your fodder is stored in a fully-enclosed building, it must be insured under the Farm Outbuilding Contents in the hobby farm policy. As for silage, it is covered under Farm Property whether it’s stored on its own or in a silage bag.