Technology Security Analyst
As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. We are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are on the search for an additional permanent, full-time position of Technology Security Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Technology, the successful candidate will provide technical knowledge and expertise in coordinating, analyzing, and managing information security systems and activities to ensure Sandbox Mutual Insurance is safe and resilient in the instance of a cyber or security event.
As Technology Security Analyst YOU Will Be Responsible For
- Safeguarding Sandbox’s digital environment, cyber security, privacy, and cloud programs.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of cyber security programs.
- Response, management, analysis, and reporting on security incidents.
- Ensuring all systems are resilient through collaboration and participation in the development and testing of Sandbox’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Participating in cyber threat and risk assessments, security audits, and audit review. This includes consulting with colleagues in addressing cyber security needs with respect to other corporate initiatives.
- Developing, monitoring, and analyzing security metrics.
- Supporting the Systems & Network Administrators by providing consultative and end-user support as required.
- Acting as a role model who supports a positive organizational culture.
- Promoting and leading the development of cyber awareness training and information security best practices material, and actively participate in cyber awareness training for staff.
- Performing related duties as required.
What We Need From YOU!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a company approved combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience with at least 2 years of increasing security experience.
- A certification in IT security such as CISM, CISSP, SANS would be an asset. Other certifications may be considered.
- Additional experience in IT, information management or related fields is an asset.
- Experience and understanding of formal security standards, such as NIST or ISO 27001:2013, is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think tactically, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to decision making.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders, employees, and partners.
- Strong organizational ability, time management skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train other employees.
- Ability to physically lift and move equipment of approximately 50 lbs.
WHY SANDBOX MUTUAL INSURANCE?
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. At Sandbox Mutual Insurance, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers an annual salary range of $78,667 – 94,990, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Technology Security Analyst SP#256 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.