As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At Sandbox, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are very excited to be growing Sandbox Mutual Insurance. We are on the search for an additional permanent full-time Systems Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Technology, the successful candidate will be a subject matter expert on Sandbox Mutual Insurance platforms and, through collaboration with end users, ensures overall system processes are stable, effective, and efficient. The Systems Analyst collaborates with business partners to address technical issues, related to software and services, with a focus on long term robust solutions.
As Systems Analyst YOU Will Be Responsible For
- Provide support for Sandbox Mutual Insurance’s internal policy administration system by diagnosing, resolving, and ensuring successful system upgrades.
- Maintain and modify current systems and make necessary changes to accommodate additional feature changes or changes to business rules.
- Responsible for deep knowledge of current systems and providing recommendations for innovation.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering requirements/information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Develop and implement operational objectives through designing and testing solutions.
- Actively participate with project teams to contribute to successful completion of projects.
- Create reference material for users by designing documentation for help desk support and end user training.
- Collaborate and provide technical consultation to the technology and data teams.
- Support the technical team and provide end-user support as required.
- Act as a role model who supports a positive organizational culture.
- Perform related duties as required.
What We Need From YOU!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a Company approved combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience in business analysis, technology systems, and technology support is an asset.
- Experience with programming languages, such as python, SQL, PSQL, Java, etc., is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in defining a problem, collecting data, establishing fact, making valid conclusions, and providing recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for complex problems.
- Experience with project managements frameworks.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think tactically, weigh risks, and apply sound judgment to decision making.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders, employees, and partners.
- Strong organizational ability, time management skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train other employees.
- Ability to physically lift and move equipment of approximately 50 lbs.
WHY SANDBOX MUTUAL INSURANCE?
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. At Sandbox, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers an annual salary range of $78,667 – 94,990, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Systems Analyst SP#252 in the subject line to email@example.com.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.